I am a 47 year old female with a history

Neurologist
Question
I am a 47 year old female with a history of Lymphoma. In the last six months, I have daily headaches that are sometimes severe, serious fatigue, blurred vision, itching skin, foggy thinking, pain under my left rib cage and I have gained approximately 30 lbs, but my diet has not changed and I the amount of food I am eating has decreased. My thyroid was damaged with radiation, so I take a thyroid medication that was recently changed to Thyroid Armour due to the most recent TSH results. My blood tests caused concern with my docs I've gone through pancreas and pituitary MRI. The results were unremarkable. I have a PET scheduled for 11/3. My most recent blood test indicated elevated prolactin 15.1, TSH of 7.99 (but, it was 4.29 a week before), LH of 17.3 (a jump from 5.1 the week before), my FSH was 29.2 (a jump from 11.1 a week before), my proinsulin level is 21.2 and my insulin, free level is 15.7. Everything else was in normal range. Wondering if you might have any ideas, because I am TIRED of feeling sick and tired. Thank you!
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get examined and evaluated as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.

Headache, visual blurring with raised prolactin points to possibility of pituitary tumor. It needs to be evaluated and a brain MRI if normal, PET scan should be done as planned.

Are you on any drugs like levosulpiride which is usually prescribed in acidity drugs?

Generalized fatigue and tiredness can be due to vitamin deficiencies. If all reports are normal,then hormonal profile should be repeated after few weeks.

Get examined by a neurologist and get investigated too.
Upload all available reports.

Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

Follow-up: I am a 47 year old female with a history 47 minutes later
Thank you for your assistance. No other medications except the Thyroid (Armour). My B12 level is high (almost 2000) and all other vitamin levels are fine.

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Repeat test after few weeks

Detailed Answer:
If all reports are normal then hormonal profile needs to be repeated after few weeks.
High vitamin B12 is not of any concern as it is water soluble and harmless.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist