I am HIV positive. Trying for a child. Bleed during sex. What should I do?

Im am a young women aged 28 who is hiv positive. I bleed during sex its been a while since it stopped after i used some medication from the gynacologist that said it was some erosion but now it has started. Please this irratates me so much i would need some help. I have also been trying for a long time to make a baby but i can not. I really need help my marriage is about to break
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
The erosion is a superficial loss of mucosa exposing friable tissues underneath, it bleeds when touched or when the penis rubs on it.
It is a cumbersome problem and you should follow up with your Gynecologist because it is she who has seen the erosion.
If it does not heal with medicines then may be it would need to be cauterised in OT.
You should understand that there are fare chances that you would get an HIV infected child which would make the life miserable.
frantic efforts to get pregnant would rarely help, rather understand the ovulation rhythm from your Gynecologist and try to do sexual intercourse during the ovulation phase.
Still if you want to be pregnant that is up to you, keep a regular follow up with a Gynecologist and your physician.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.
Dr.Monika Choudhary