I am HBV positive. Feeling constipation, gastritis, body cramps, dry mouth and breathlessness. Worried

i am HBV positive from last five years.I am not taking any anty HBV medicines.From last 3 months i am feeling below mentioned problems:-
Huge gas problem
huge wesekness in legs and hands
cramps in body
dry mouth always
mouth red fully

I want to XXXXXXX you for advice..pls give me your contact point
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri 20 hours later

You seem to have 2 distinct problems.

1. One is of Chronic Hepatitis B infection. Your reports suggest that you are a simple "carrier", and that the virus is not "active". With these reports you do not need to take anti-viral medications. Only periodic checks are advised.

2. The other problem is of dyspepsia of the motility type along with upper respiratory inflammation (blocked nose).

For these you may try proton pump inhibitors like Razo- D 1 and sinarest tablets under the guidance of your physician. In addition steam inhalation should help. If you run fever, you may consider a course of antibiotics.

As far as meeting me, you are welcome to visit me either at Gurgaon/Delhi (0000) or in Lucknow (0000).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Follow-up: I am HBV positive. Feeling constipation, gastritis, body cramps, dry mouth and breathlessness. Worried 9 hours later
Dear Sir,

I am feeling huge weekness with loss of 7kg weight in last 15days.
Constipation and abnormal color of stool is there.
At the same time all the time gas is coming from mouth.
Light pain during stool in morning and evening.
Red mouth is not going away.
All the time I need water.normally I take 10 liters in a day then after my mooth feel dry.

Pls help
Answered by Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri 39 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

As for the Hepatitis B infection is concerned, you seem to be a carrier as I said in my earlier reply.

Losing 7 kgs of weight in 15 days in definitely a bad sign. This warrants further investigations in detail.

You need to get complete blood count with ESR, urine routine, and TB screening to be done. An ultrasound of the abdomen may be required too.

Try Razo -D as I said earlier. It may help you greatly.

It is advisable for you to consult a skilled General Physician now, who can examine you, order investigations accordingly, and treat you.

Hope this helps.