I am 65 years old. Experiencing hair loss. Have itchy scalp. On hormone therapy. What is causing this?

I am a 65 year old female and am expariencing hair loss due to hair breaking off at the roots.I also have an itchy scalp.I am on hormone theropy for past 6 months.could you suggest possible causes for the hair loss.Blood pressure tabs are Co-renitec 20/12.5 and Bilocor 5mg. horemone tabs Livifem started XXXXXXX 2012 previouse XXXXXXX for =/_ loss problem about 3 years.Shompoo used head and Sholders anti dandruff
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
In general, most hair loss is not associated with systemic or XXXXXXX disease, nor is poor diet a frequent factor. Frequently, hair may simply thin as a result of predetermined genetic factors, family history, and the overall aging process.
Other times, normal life variations including temporary severe stress, nutritional changes, and hormonal changes like those in pregnancy, puberty, and menopause may cause a reversible hair loss.
Several health conditions, including thyroid disease and iron deficiency anemia, can cause hair loss.
You can use topical minoxidil 2 %, i advice you to consult the dermatologist as this drug can reduce the blood pressure, it should be used carefully as you are on anti hypertensive medication.
All the drugs that you are taking, in their side effect profile hair fall has not been mentioned.
For dandruff you can use over the counter ketoconazole shapoo, used twice week. Apart from these you can try Trichup hair fall control shampoo and oil for local application it is helpful.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.