I am 59. No period for 5 years. On estradiol. Having back pain and bleeding started. Should I be concerned?

May 2013
I am 59 no period for 5 yrs on estradiol, have low back pain on waking, incontinence when bladder is full, began bleeding today should I be concerned?

Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 25 minutes later

the possibilities according to your description are,

-uterine prolapse with cystocele: as age progresses weakening of ligaments occur which may lead to descent of uterus along with cervix in some women, that may lead to backache when walking with progression of the day, if associated with cystocele sometimes full bladder can lead to incontinence, if any ulceration occurs on the prolapsed part due to congestion bleeding can occur.

-urinary tract infection: can lead to incontinence, body pains.

-dry vagina and gynecological problems: bleeding after menopause to be investigated carefully, as age progresses estrogen decreases though you are taking if that is not sufficient vagina can become dry and can lead to bleeding on slight friction, thinned out endometrial layer can also cause this, rarely malignancies may also be responsible.

so you better consult gynecologist and get physical examination and if needed ultrasound which will rule out the possible causes for your complaints.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.