I am 36 years old. Started making high pitched noises all the time. What is going wrong?

hi i have started making high pitched noises all the time i am a 36 year old male
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

High pitch voice is due to narrow space between the vocal cords , such a deformity can occur when there is swelling in the vocal cords obliterating the space between them.

Such swellings could commonly be due to oedema due to allergy or congestion due to over use.Well, there are many other conditions which can cause swelling in the cords and cause the voice to be high pitched.

I suggest you to get examined by a ENT (Ear Noise and Throat) specialist.He after examining you can be able to make out the cause of the swelling and plan exact management.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.