I am 33 years old. Suffering from hyperthyroidism. Trying to conceive. What treatment should be done?

Infertility Specialist
Question
hi,
i am 33 years with Hyperthyroidism and my FSH is 63.12 and want to concieve is it possible
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 45 minutes later

I am afraid you have very high level of FSH hormone which correlates with menopausal status. It reflects low to nil ovarian reserve.

You might be suffering from a condition called premature ovarian failure.

Apart from this hyperthyroidism is an added problem which can be corrected. Please get the Medicines prescribed for hyperthyroidism from your doctor.

As far as fertility is concerned, I advice you to see an infertility specialist who will advice you on donor egg IVF programme. It is not possible to conceive with your eggs.

I hope I answered your query. Please feel free to contact me on any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: I am 33 years old. Suffering from hyperthyroidism. Trying to conceive. What treatment should be done? 1 hour later
there is no other option that i can concieve with my own eggs the only option left for mr is to find aa egg donor
and is there a gurantee after donor egg IVF programme i will concieve 100%.
Can you tell me how much will this cost completely

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

thanks for writing back.

There is no option of conceiving with your eggs if your reports what you are telling is correct.

If you wish please get blood tests FSH & AMH done again.

There is no 100 % guarantee in the field of infertility by any form of treatment. Hence even with donor egg IVF, 100 % success cannot be assurred.

This might cost you between 2 to 2.5 lakh depending upon diifferent cities in India.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Infertility & IVF Specialist