I am 24, with two boys (4 and 6)I had

OBGYN
Question
I am 24, with two boys (4 and 6)I had a misscarriage in 2016, september. There was internal bleeding, and the baby stopped growing for several weeks. When i was 11 weeks, baby was 8 weeks in growth still. After a week from the ultrasound and seeing ghe delayed growth, it died. My body wouldnt let it out. I had a d&c. That same year, months before in january, i was 6 weeks pregnant and had a misscarriage (i concieved in novemeber 2015) Ive been a mess and in mental recovery . However, now i have gained so much weight. My stomach is so bloated. I have always been in shape. I am constipated, and my periods usually stop since the surgery after 4 days, starts up for another 3 and then spots for another three. I am sick, i am tired. I cut out gluten, and dairy and limit sugar. I workout for 22mins, clean, cook, run around for the boys. I am always on the go. I thought maybe its adrenaline fatigue, and bought thyroid supplements that only hurt the bloating and strange bowel movements. I thought it was estrogen (4 months), and took supplements but the weight kept comming and it made me cry for no reason. I tried progesterone organic cream for two months, and it made me angry. I had no insurence for a while so i had to do something. When i did briefly, my doctor thought i had a stomach ulcer which is gone now by diet and supplements, but she did suggest hypothyroidism. Lastly, i have fibromyalgia and a genetic mutation (cant remember) that causes misscarriages, autism, strokes. I was tested by the childrens hospital in columbus/cleveland ohio. My body wont stop gaining weight and its been depressing me. I look pregnant. My insurence will be comming in the next days or so but i want all sides. I want to know if any woman have this issues. It never was a problem until last year with the misscarriages.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Soumya 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
IVF with PGS can help

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Yes. There are many women like you who are suffering from repeated miscarriages and medicine has a special word coined for this called RPL ( Recurrent pregnancy loss).

RPL has many reasons. But in your situation it is definitely due to genetic mutation. This is common to have spontaneous miscarriage if the baby carries genetic mutation. Babies without genetic mutation will survive ( like you 2 boys now).

Only way to identify these mutations is to undergo IVF with PGD ( preimplantation genetic diagnosis) to rule out affected embryo and transfer healthy embryo only.

Weight loss can be achieved if you restrict diet to 2000 calories a day maximum and exercise regularly.

Let me know if you need anymore help.