I am 23 year old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some safe medicine

Hi, Dr. I am 23 yrs old and my height is 157cm. I want to increase my height.As I seen in market and in TV their are number of medicines and powders are avaliable to increase the height at any age. So I want to know that these methods are safe or just bluff and apart from this is tehir any other method to increase the heightor not?

Thanks in advance.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 13 minutes later

I appreciate your question.

You should know that increase in height is as a result of bone growth, ie. increase in the length of the bones. According to medical science and evidence we have, the bony growth occurs at the end of the bones and thes regions fuse after adolescence.

Hence, its impractical to increase the bone length and therefore the height after the bones have fused. Such ocurs between 18 to 22 years of age.

Hence, at your age, you have probably achieved your final height.
Such products advertised and not only of mjch benefit, are also sometimes harmful.
So, please stay away from such products.

It difficult to increase height afer a certain age and you have passed that age.
I am not discouraging you. I am just tying to be honest such that you are not misled.

Hope this answers your query.

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: I am 23 year old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some safe medicine 57 minutes later
Thank you DR. XXXXXXX for your reply.

I have one more doubt that I come to know about this "" website, here they are providing one device Made of Latest Japan Technology for increase the height. It is not a medicine or powder.So can you please go through this site and tell me that it is fine or just bluff.
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later
Dear friend,

I haven't a more blatent lie as mentioned in that website..
Pituitary gland becomes inactive after puberty..?? Give me a break.. A person cannot survive without afunctioning pituitary gland.

Also if growth hormone was the mode of improving the height after using their product, why dont we use the growth hormone injection. They are available in market. Thats because they can increase muscle mass as used by athletes but not the height.

Plase do not follow their misdirection.

Havea healthy life..

Dr Kiran
Follow-up: I am 23 year old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some safe medicine 17 minutes later
Thanks alot Dr. XXXXXXX . For giving me your valuable advice and clearing my doubts on this topic.
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 38 minutes later
You are welcome..:-)

Dr Kiran