I am 23 weeks pregnant. Feeling sharp stomach pain. What are the complications?

May 2013
I am 23 weeks pregnant and felt a sharp pain in my stomach when I bent down. I haven't felt the baby move since (8 hours ago). Did I break her?
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

during pregnancy pain abdomen can be felt sometimes due to different reasons like,
-stretching of uterine ligaments: due to growing uterus supporting ligaments like round ligaments will stretch when you bend suddenly that may exert ligament pain,
-intermittent uterine tightening can exert such pain sometimes,
-in medical conditions like renal stones, gastritis etc also this type of pain can be seen,

if your pain increases in severity and duration then only you should be worried of miscarriage, if not no need to bother,

during early pregnancy fetal movements may not be that much noticed as in advanced pregnancy,

so you just once consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination and ultrasound which will confirm the well-being of the baby.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.