I am 15 years old. Suddenly started feeling frozen, shaky and headache. on ortho tri cyclen. Worrisome

Question
I don't know what wrong with me. Help?I am a 15 year old girl. I'm 5ft 6in and weigh about 190 pounds and I'm on ortho tri-cyclen, but I started it after all of the has happened. A couple month or so ago I was siting on my bed watching tv and the next thing I know I'm like frozen everything is frozen I can't move, I'm numb and tingly, and everything is realy grainy and in black and white. I forget how long I've been siting there. I realize this all in seconds. Then I force my self out of it. I jump up and I'm supre shaky witch I later realized was a panic attack. After all of this happened I was realy realy depresed. I felt like I was dead. I just wanted to sleep. I started haveing realy bad headaches. At first they would start randomly anytime in the day. Now they usualy start later in he day. They can start in any spot on my head then they spred through out my head. Then my head feels realy full and I feel a little dizy and super exhausted. My mom and dad both smoke inside the house windos closed, just thought I add that last part.
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, just to share that ortho tri-cyclen is a combination hormone used to prevent pregnancy. You maybe suffering from tension headaches which are most common, also referred to as stress headaches. A It appears periodically ("episodic XXXXXXX less than 15 days per month) or daily ("chronic XXXXXXX more than 15 days per month). An episodic may be described as a mild to moderate constant band-like pain, tightness, or pressure around the forehead or back of the head and neck. These headaches may last from 30 minutes to several days. Episodic tension headaches usually begin gradually, and often occur in the middle of the day. The "severity" of a tension headache increases significantly with its frequency. Women are twice as likely to suffer from tension-type headaches as men. Tension headaches are usually triggered by some type of environmental or XXXXXXX stress. The most common sources of stress include family, social relationships, friends, work, and school.The goals of treatment for are to prevent further attacks and relieve any current pain, hence will recommend you visit your physician for confirmed diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks

Follow-up: I am 15 years old. Suddenly started feeling frozen, shaky and headache. on ortho tri cyclen. Worrisome 10 hours later
thanks for the help with the headaches. Im also wondering what you think the thig is were i go numb and stuff .

Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 12 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,
Thanks for your kind response, as mentioned tension headaches or panic attacks can also be an underlying cause towards tingling and numbness else will recommend you visit your clinician to rule out any other differential diagnosis. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health

Follow-up: I am 15 years old. Suddenly started feeling frozen, shaky and headache. on ortho tri cyclen. Worrisome 11 hours later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 9 hours later
welcome, If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health