I always suffer from cough. I am very sensitive to cold.

I always suffer from cough, I am very sensitive to cold.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 26 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Frequent cold and cough can be indicative of low body immunity and allergy to the environmental allergens.

Some suggestions for you:

1) Take Vitamin C tablet once daily for 3 months. It strengthens the body system.

2) Avoid dust, excessive humidity, sudden change in temperatures and any known allergen.

3) Avoid cold food items especially in this weather and have hot soups, hot milk, boiled vegetables, herbal/ginger tea, etc.

4) Take half tsp of honey and mix with half lemon juice with little warm water. Have this twice daily.

5) Have more of dry fruits as almonds, walnut, pistachios, etc.

6) Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated.

7) Restrict smoking and alcohol.

8) Increase intake of XXXXXXX leafy veggies and fruits as citrus fruits as they increase the body immunity.

9) Use normal saline nasal drops for decongestion which encourages drainage.

In case there is development of any other symptom as persistent fever, sore throat then consider getting yourself examined once by a Physician.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.