I always eat tomatoes without problems. 5 days ago I

Gastroenterologist
Question
I always eat tomatoes without problems. 5 days ago I ate another one without a problem. Then I went to a chiropractor for an adjustment and 5 hours later, I threw up the tomato skin I ate 5 days prior. It got stuck somewhere in my body. It never happened to me before. Is that something to be alarmed at? It didn't come out in my stool, only when I vomited. I do have a mild case of IBS, but this never happened before. I feel fine without any pain.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to panic.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

Tomato skins is a bit difficult to digest and require digestive ezyymes like cellulase and hemicelluse in adequate amount for proper digestion.Sometimes in patient with symptoms of IBS transit time of food decreases while rate of peristalysis increases hence food difficult to digest like tomato skin or orange pulp remains undigested.
As of now i don’t feel that you need to worry too much.
You may take external enzyme supplements twice daily before taking food.This would aid in proper digestion of food.

Hope i was helpful.
Thanks!