Hysterectomy, pelvic area pain, bloating and urinating frequent, US and CT scan, fluid filled mass. Suggestion?

hello, i had a hysterectomy where as far as i know they removed only my uterus. Im 47 yrs old and have been have pain to my right pelvic area, bloadting and urinating more often. I work in the medical field and had a ct and us done. There is a fluid filled mass which mesures aprox 8cm x 4cm x 6cm. HU aprox 35. which one radiologist said was too thick to drain. It is not in a round shape it extends from my right side to my left side. the us tech said she couldn't even see my ovarys. I see my ob/gyn dr. next week. Do you think surgery will be required to remove the cyst? And would it be better if they removed both the ovarys while they are in there?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later

The fluid filled mass in your lower abdomen with non visualization of ovaries can be a mass originating from the ovaries itself.

The best thing would have been the drainage of fluid with a needle and its examination to see what kind of a collection it is.

In most of the cases it is a harmless cyst.

Your gynaecologist after examination can tell if the drainage through vaginal route is approachable or not.

If drainage is not possible, then my advise would be get the mass removed along with both the ovaries surgically.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.