Hysterectomy, livial HRT, depression symptoms, lack of interest. Change in HRT required ?

HI, I had a total hystorectomy 4 months ago and am on livial hrt at the moment as the last one didnt suit me. But I feel so depressed, im pushing everyone close to me away and have little interest in anything. Am i suffering from depression? or do i need to change my hrt again?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 20 minutes later

Your symptoms are suggestive of Depression/Mood Changes.
Since you have your ovaries removed, you have undergone what we call as a Premature Menopause due to Surgery.

This is associated with mood changes, irritability and depression.

Livial contains Tibolone which is a synthetic steroid. The preferred treatment for Menopausal depression is Estrogen Replacement. Livial is unlikely to give much benefit compared to conventional HRTs.

Its advisable that you shift back to conventional HRT (Estrogen Replacement) such that your depressive symptoms can be controlled.

Hope this answers your Query.

Please get back if you need any further information
Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran