Hysterectomy done for uterine and cervical cancer. Using replens for dryness. Worried for vaginal bleeding

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had a hysterectomy six years ago for uterine and cervical cancer. Recently, I have had some bleeding from the vaginal cuff. I use Replens for dryness and the end of the replens was coated with blood after removal. I use replens often and have never had this problem before.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 20 minutes later
Replens won’t affect vaginal bleeding (positively or negatively).
It is used for vaginal long lasting moisture.
Vaginal bleeding is usual after surgical procedure you have mentioned, but if it persists and if this is active bleeding than this could be a problem. Do your red blood count to see if this bleeding is serious.

If you notice some blood after replens removal don’t be concerned. This means absolutely nothing; the most important thing is that there is no evidence of cancer recurrence. Just be calm, the hardest thing is over...

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.