Hysterectomy done. Having soreness and redness in private area. Do I have hernia in stomach?

Mar 2013
i;m having a couple of problems first i;m having soreness in my private area , i had a historrectomy about 11 yrs ago but anyways i;m having soreness down there like schaffing ,redness feeling. 2nd im not sure if i have a hernia in my stomach , i had a hernia before and had it fixed but my stomach is kinda big like i'm pregnet but can't be i have no inc. i'm a 50 yrs old a women don't what to do
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 25 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
For the soreness and redness in your private area, it is mostly due to hormonal changes after hysterectomy.
Due to the change in the hormones , the genital area becomes dry, friable, and easily prone to soreness, itching and chaffing.
Also, there is a likelihood of genital infection in the form of yeast infection / bacterial infection.
You can try Evalon cream ( hormonal preparation ) for local application, however it is best to consult a gynecologist and rule out infection and other causes before starting the treatment.
Local application of Betnovate ointment also will help you.
Make sure to wear loose, cotton, non allergic underwear.
Do not use medicated / scented products, cleansers, gels, douches etc.
keep the private parts dry - you can use an antifungal dusting powder.
Do not clean or rub the area vigorously - simply clean with lukewarm water.
Get your blood sugars tested, also your hormonal profile done to check if you need HRT ( hernia, a check up with your doctor will clarify that also.
It could be a recurrence of the hernia, but could easily be accumulation of subcutaneous fat .
Please see your doctor at the earliest.
Try and maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle with regular exercise, plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX vegetables, and try doing yoga / relaxational exercises also.

Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.