Hypothyroidism,dizziness,levothyroid,armour thyroid,stomach upset,low pulse,low heart rate,EKG

I found out I had hypothyroid in XXXXXXX I started taking Levothyroid, but caused dizzyness, then I went to Synthyroid and had stomach upset, now I will be starting Armour Thyroid. My question, I have a very low pulse, between 42-55 most days. I do have normal blood pressure. Since I have not been consistent with the drugs, is that why my heartrate is so low. I have been checked for BradyCardia in the past with a EKG and it was negative.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 21 hours later

I can understand that you had been suffering from hypothyroidism and has been treated with thyroxine medication, but unfortunately you had not been tolerating levothyroid/ synthyroid. Now you have been prescribed with armour thyroid.

Your concern is that " you have an low pulse rate". Hypothyroidism can have varried clinical presentation like obesity, tiredness, hairfall, Musculoskeletal pain, dry skin, depression, reduced pulse rate and many more.

If you have not been consistent with drugs, it is very likely you still have hypothyroidism and your low pulse can be due to hypothyroidism.Once your hypothyroidism is treated and cured, your pulse rate will normalize.

Hope this answers your query. Wishing you good health.