Hypothyroidism, got meningitis shot, headache, eating too much, fatigue, back pain. What should I do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I just had a test saying that I have a slight hypothyroidism i have a 4.5 and am suppose to have a 4.2. Since going to the doctor, and also getting a meningitis shot on the same, I have had several symptoms that continally change between headaches and eating too much and now not enough. I also suffer from feelings of fatigue for the past two weeks. I have a lot of back pain throughout my back and also feel a sharp pain when taking XXXXXXX breaths and the rest of the time it just feels heavy. I was wondering what I should do.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The symptoms you are having- changing eating habits, fatigue, bodyaches, etc are all related to hypothyroidism you have been diagnosed with recently. Starting with a thyroid supplement after consulting your physician will gradually decrease all these symptoms in 4-6 weeks.
For the back pain and other symptomatic relief, you can take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen and do a hot fomentation in the affected area. Taking a multivitamin supplement regularly will also be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.