Hypothyroidism. Taking thyronorm. What is the reason for increased TSH levels?

I m having hypothyroidism and was taking thyronorm 75mcg till a week back when I tested then found to have TSH 0.015 hw should I go about
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

In your position following steps are needed:

-Repeat TSH level: which I think already done by you.
-Increase TSH may be due to: Increase Natural thyroid hormone (T3/T4) or excess dose of thyronorm
-In your case reduction of doses of thyronorm is needed which should be monitored by physician and later on Serum T3/T4 and TSH level need to be repeated after 1 month to check adequacy of current doses.
-Before changing dose your physician opinion is must.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.