Hypothyroidism. Drive for long time and stand for long hours at work. Best way to stay fit in this situation?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am driving the bike whole day, and work on the site by standing continuously 2-3 hours.
What is best for me to fit in this situation.
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Driving the bike continuously for long hours can cause a mechanical back pain in the long run.
The first step is to ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while driving. Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.

The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and neck isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home or work whenever possible.
You can also do mild aerobics or swimming to keep our back muscles fit.
Do brisk walking exercise for 40 minutes daily. Get 6-8 hours of refreshing sleep daily.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.