Hypothyroid, synthroid, weight gain, constipation, changed medication, weight loss, mood swings

Question
I am losing it with these thyroid meds. A year ago dianosed with hypothyroidism. Put on synthroid 50mcg. Gained nine pounds and was constipated. Switched to Nature-throid half grain, better energy, no napping, not so good mood though, weight loss 2 lbs.. Switched to cytomel 5mcg and synthroid 25-no constipation, tired though often, muscle aches waives of anxiety, weight stayed same. On all of these note my lab results look great. But I need to be onsomething I feel better on too.What should I do?
Asked by Me , 2 minutes ago
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX ,

After analyzing your history i suggest you to consult your treating doctor and dosage of the medications you are taking which has to be changed considering the blood levels of T4 , T3 and TSH.

With the changed dosages you will feel much better because i found fault in the dosages rather than in the medicines.

Your symptoms will gradually improve with the changed dosages, so don't worry about the other medications.

Hope this helps you.

Regards.

Follow-up: Hypothyroid, synthroid, weight gain, constipation, changed medication, weight loss, mood swings 1 hour later
J just wanted to know is nature throid good or are you saying cytomel and synthroid need to be adjusted doses -should they be higher. I was ok on nature throid medicationhalf grain, byt md thought I might get more metabolic stimulus with cytomel and synthroid.

Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX ,

Thanks for your follow up query.

Yes nature thyroid is good but as you are responding to the combination of cytomel and synthyroid but the response is not adequate , we should consider increasing the dosage of the combined medications and the dosage should be tailored according to the thyroid tests.

All the medications acts as metabolic stimulus but this combination works good.

Hope this helps you.If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Regards.