Hypothyroid symptoms. Fatigue, appetite loss, weight gain. Taken thyroid function test. Can hypothyroid still persist?

Question
Hi, I have some symptoms of hypothyroid. For which my doctor suggested me to take a Thyroid Function Test. My TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 levels are normal in that. Is there any chance that i am still suffering from Hypothyroid?
Following are the symptoms i am noticing from last couple years.
Fatigue
Loss of Focus
Lost Appetite
Weight gain (I always have been overweight so cant say exactly)
Intolerance to cold weather
Weight does not go down even if i am excercising
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 19 hours later
Dear,
The symptoms you have noted are non specific and occur in patients even without thyroid problem. I regularly see patients with similar complaints who do not have any thyroid dysfunction on testing. So bottom-line is that these are nonspecific symptoms for which only symptomatic treatment can be offered.

It’s very unlikely that you have hypothyroidism. Even then, to be on a safer side you can recheck thyroid profile from a different lab. If it is normal you can then periodically check thyroid profile once in 6 months to 1 year.

Weight loss is not an easy thing it requires concerted efforts from dietary, physical activity and lifestyle point of view. You can consult your physician for possible consideration for anti obesity drugs. This is an independent problem unrelated to hypothyroidism.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.