Hypothyroid patient. Feels like something struck in throat. Should I be worried?

Question
I am a hypothyroid patient and for a few weeks now I feel like I have something in my throat. Is there anything to worry about?

Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 41 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in. Although thyroid gland is in anterior part of neck it doesnot have anything to do with throat. Throat is present inside and XXXXXXX to thyroid gland. there is no relation between the two. Your throat symptoms may be realated to allergy or acid reflux. You can see an ENTspecialist. Hypothyroidism usually doesnot cause any symptoms in the neck or throat like pain or foriegn body sensation. So I can reassure that your symptoms may have nothing to do with hypothyroidism. You continue thyroxine replacement for hypothyroidism.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad