Hypoglycemic. Safe to be on juice fast?

I'm a healthy 28 year old male. I am hypoglycemic though. I would very much like to do a juice other words, a fast with nothing but fresh vegetable juice and a little fruit juice. 3 days...possibly a week. I just would like to experience the detox benefits and health benefits that come from doing such a thing. I've also been on some medicine lately I'd like to cleanse my body of as well as drop a little weight.

My question is, being hypoglycemic, am I safe to juice fast? Why or why not? Thank you very much
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
The best way to detox is by attaining the utmost physiological harmony.
It can be done with a good balanced diet and moderate aerobic exercises with a daily regularized schedule.
The cleansing act you have mentioned is not advisable medically although you would find too many junk opinions around by people who know little about the complexity of the human body.
it is not cleaning a utensil or a house or any simple wall it is an affair related to a structure that took crores of years to evolve in today shape.
doing the fancy ritual you have mentioned may be hazardous by challenging the balance of you body functions, it can result in electrolyte imbalance, hypoglycemia, seizures, severe blood infection when your immunity dip due to want of nutrition, you can get gall stones due to erratic act of strange dietary intake and the list of problems continues.
It is highly advised that you do not get carried away by such junk ideas.
stay healthy and stay safe with a healthy mind and healthy thoughts.
I hope that answers your query.