Hypo enhancement on both sides of pituitary gland. Have antiphospholipid syndrome. Had sinus infections. Suggest tests for GH deficiency?

I am a 49 year female with hypo enhancement on both sides of my pituitary gland, radiology report was inconclusive as to whether it was an adenoma.Two years ago my prolactin was elevated and I was treated with bromocryptin. This stopped me from producing breast milk but I have been on a roll coaster for two years. I have chronically low TSH, my endo. diagnosed me as hypopituitary.I also have anti-phospholipid syndrome my Mother has scerlroderma and my maternal Grandmother had hashimotos. I have also tested slightly low IGF-1. I am extremely fatigued, have had 9 sinus infections in last year and am currently on a 21 day regimen of Vioxx along with my Synthyroid 125 mcg. I have lost physical strength, normally I am a "gym rat" and former triathlete. I also have gained some weight and have not eaten any grains since last May, yet my weight will not drop. I feel on the verge of tears, yet I have no external problems in my life. I attempted to book an appointment with my Endo. and discovered he moved out of state. The physician taking over his patient load cannot see me until November 20. I need some answers sooner, in particular what are the BEST tests to determine GH deficiency, the medical literature is not in agreement as to what tests are the best.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Insulin tolerance test is the gold standard.

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'm, Hi! a very straight answer to your query is insulin tolerance test. It is considered gold standard for assessing GH deficiency. A little to explain the situation to you, hypopituitarism will make you have all the symptoms as you have described. Some blood reports to support the diagnosis would be Serum cortisol, ACTH, FT4, TSH, LH, FSH, Estradiol , Serum prolactin. All tests done fasting and before 9 am. Treatment will be to replace all hormones which pituitary is now not able to produce. Regards!