Hypertrophic acne scar, laser, steroid injection. Treatment?

General Surgeon
hi,im 28,male,i have hypertrophic acne scar in my nose
how can i remove that
i use cream for 1 months but nothing is change
i search in internet ,the vay is laser,steroid injection...
whats best and fast treatment
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

Hypertrophied scar is formed at places of insult to the integrity of skin ,by excessive deposition or formation of collagen tissue , cause of formation can be many and thickness of scar varies depending upon reason of insult to the integrity of skin.

But it is not so bad as keloids .

Pimple scar can also under go hypertrophy.

Variety of treatment regimes are available ,local application of cream & lotion give result in few people ,but not so cosmetically acceptable     

Multiple injections of steroids at local site also give results ,decreases redness & flattens scat ,but injection can be given if there are one or two scars ,not multiple.

Dermabrasion is also available ,involves removal of surface of skin.

Laser also gives good result ,it is of two types ,ablative ( pulse XXXXXXX )or non ablative (Carbon dioxide).Multiple sittings are required .Result varies from patient to patient.

Cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery can also help & gives good result as scar is removed & wound revision is done ;

Laser is better than all other methods & gives better & finer result in lesser time.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Hypertrophic acne scar, laser, steroid injection. Treatment? 9 hours later
tnks for answer
what about cryo-surgery
which one is better laser or cryo-surgery?
i dont have enought time for that,i want to reamove it soon as posible
do u know any good doctor in baglaore for my work?
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 6 hours later

Good to hear from you again.     

Laser is definitely better than cryosurgery.

Every system has its merits & demerits.

In cryosurgery and laser both no anesthesia is required, it's an OPD procedure, side effects & complications are slightly less.

Certain things are operator dependent also, so experience of operator in particulate system also matters.

In Bangalore there are many dermatologist, you can choose any reputed multidisciplinary hospital.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery.