Hyperthyroidism under control, persisting giddiness, imbalance on walking small distance, burning soles. Reason?

Nov 2013

My Total cholesterol is 106, HDL 46,LDL 65, Blood pressure is around 120/80 to 130/85 lipid profile values are in normal limits.
I was diagonised with hyper thyrodism in 1990 and took neomercasol tabs for 5 months. Since then my T3,T4,TSH values are in normal limits.
Why the feeling of giddy and imbalance after I walk about 1 to 1 and half KM?
This feeling is gone when I slow down or sit down for a while.
Burning sensation under my feet during sleep time is bothering me.
Burning pain is also present in the center bottom of my right foot(toe)
Kindly advise me
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Feeling of giddiness and imbalance after walking could be related to low hemoglobin or poor cardiac output. Please check your hemoglobin, and get your echocardiogram done to look for low ejection fraction. An ejection fraction of less than 50 on echo suggests poor cardiac output.

Burning in feet is suggestive of nerve problem in feet (peripheral neuropathy), which could be related to take pregabalin capsules and methycobal tablets for relief.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad