Hypertension, kidney scars, creatinine level, kidney transplant

patient is age of 28yrs,female,having hypertension,detected scalp in both kidneys.till date caterine level is4.1.want to undergo kidney transplant,donoris father,what will be total expense&time perod
patint is having weight of 35 kg. blood pressure is normal by medicine.undergoing treatment from appolo kolkatta by dr naranyan. whant to conduct kidney transplant as soon as possible.we want her to live healthy life
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

The patient has bilaterally scarred kidneys. It is often associated with Vesico Urinary reflux (VUR).
VUR leads to recurrent urinary infection and may be responsible for her raised serum creatinine.

She needs to be worked up. If recurrent UTI exists, that needs to be addressed.

Kidney transplantation is often advised for patients who has very significantly kidney failure. I hope the need for kidney transplantation was suggested by your nephrologist.

Her father needs to be worked up too. Kidney transplant can be undertaken if they have good cross match and he is fit to donate.

There are numerous centres in India where she can undergo transplant.
I suggest Fortis, XXXXXXX Kunj centre where she get the procedure done.

The approximated expenditure shall be Rs. 5 lackhs.

I hope you are satisfied with my answers. If you have any further queries I shall be happy to reply.

Best wishes