Hyperplasia, thickened endometrial,non erosive gastritis and diverticulitis. Ovarian cancer?

symptoms suggestive of OC.. what next
My symptoms, which are new to me, a postmenopausal 57 yr old, are a exact match to OC. They have been persistent on a daily basis for the past 6weeks. CT and MRI at onset were normal. (No masses, no ascites) Extensive GI workup (sigmoid, endo) revealed only non erosive gastritis and diverticulosis, which were also discovered 8 years ago but never had any symptoms like I'm having now. A D&C was done due to a thickened endometrial lining of 9, resulted in fibroids and polyps removed and dx of simple hyperplasia. CA 125 was done post D&C, was 43. Two gyn consulted don't think it's ovarian cancer, but I'm getting a Color doppler ultrasound next week. Would three weeks be too soon to repeat the CA125? Any other thoughts on what should come next???
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 2 hours later
Your investigations seems to be normal and not suggestive of ovarian cancer. Kindly mention about your symptoms to reach a diagnosis. Your ca125 is mildly raised as seen in infections. Repeating it after 3 weeks seems ok. If your color doppler is also normal then you should not worry about ovarian cancer.

Best wishes