Hyperactive child with hallucinations. Is it Pediatric schizophrenia?

My son is have symptoms of hyperactivity. sometimes he has hallicunations and usually makes up stories. upon investigating, i found out the symptoms mostly relate to pediatric schizophrenia. he is about 8 years. how can i confirm if this is pediatiric schizophrenia. i had to change his school because of his behavioural problems and in the second school as well he is the same. sometimes he is fine for about two days, then immediately he will do something or behave in a way when i ask him, he has no answer to. i have tried a lot to understand what is going on with him but was unable to relate, until i read about pediatric schizophrenia online. please advise.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Schizophrenia
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Hyperactivity in children is common and usually seen in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It frequently associated with lying and behaviour problems.

In contrast childhood schizophrenia is a severe condition and uncommon condition. It is frequently associated with delusion (false and firm unshakable beliefs), hallucination, muttering or laughing to self and behaviour problems. Please write us about the abnormal behaviour of your child so that we can understand case better.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.