Hyper intensity on T2 and flair image on the right maxillary in MRI scan. What does this mean?

ENT Specialist
Question
hyper intensity on T2 and flair image on the right naxillary.on brain sinusitis impressiom , dilaeeral,nultitle small old cerebral infarct-nicro vascular ifchemic changes what does those means and solution. when i can get my answer
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no cause for worry.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Fluid in the Right Maxillary Sinus will be HyperIntense on T2 images. This may signify sinusitis with mucosal thickening or fluid and both if the T1 images are compared. This could be an incidental finding of Chronic Sinusitis if you have no symptoms. Steam inhalation would be a good home based treatment. AN ENT Specialist can help you manage this condition.

2. The old cerebral infarcts or micro vascular ischemic changes are also commonly known as UBOs (Unidentified Bright Objects) and have no significance if there are no symptoms. Do check your blood pressure, lipid profile and avoid exposure to tobacco and alcohol. A Neurologist's opinion may be of help.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Hyper intensity on T2 and flair image on the right maxillary in MRI scan. What does this mean? 2 hours later
sometimes some space of my head is burning and my body is shaking.and i had high blood pressure .from few month my bloood preessure is going up and down and i m taking blood pressure madicine.i saw a doctor he give me some medication now i am taking that.but nothing worked .thats why i did mri and the result i already told you.now what to do?

Brief Answer:
Neuralgia. anxiety, BP, sinusitis treatment.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. So you seem to have signs of neuralgia (burning pain), anxiety (shaking) and blood pressure issues.

2. Consult a Medicine or Cardiac Specialist and a Neurologist. Bringing your blood pressures under control will help.

3. It is doubtful whether the current MRI findings can be reversed. However, they may be limited to the current status.

4. The sinusitis is an infective focus in your body and should be treated.

Regards.