Hyaline casts in urine. Is there a remedy to lower it?

I have hyaline casts in my urine measured at "45". Is there a remedy to lower such? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query
Hyaline casts are one of the many types of casts produced by the tubules of kidney.
Different types of cast produced are
Red cell casts
White cell casts
Granular casts
Hyaline cast etc
Each type of cast has some significance and meaning and points towards some disorder of kidney.
Hyaline casts are normal and generally produced in normal healthy individuals.
Presence of more hyaline casts denotes
After exercises
People who take diuretics
In the absence of any other sign and symptom of kidney disease,these hyaline casts have no meaning.
Take plenty of water as in the presence of concentrated urine,these casts get precipitated.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck
Follow-up: Hyaline casts in urine. Is there a remedy to lower it? 45 hours later
Hello Doc,

Thanks very much for your answer - it was very helpful.

One last question. I have read that Quercetin may be helpful in eliminating hyaline casts. Do you have an opinon regarding Quercetin?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Quercitin has neither been confirmed scientifically as a Specific therapeutic for any condition nor it has been approved by any regulatory agency.The US FDA has not approved any health claims of quercitin.