Hve white spot on penis head, and changes in size. Used cream like ring gaurd. Suggest medicine?

i have got a white spot on my pennice head, it seems like a white patch, some days it become bigger and some days lower...i'm used some skin creams like ring gaurd...but no use can please suggest me the medicine please
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
The white patch like spot on the penis head can be due to various reasons and some common ones are:

1)Prominent Hair follicle: They are tiny nodules and are similar to each other in appearance.

2)Fordyce's spots: They are samll, painless, raised, white or pale in appearance and mainly appear on the scrotum and glans penis.

3)Genital warts: Pink or white/ skin colour with a moist surface and sometimes cauliflower like in appearance, sometimes itchy and can appear anywhere in genitals.

4)Molluscum contagiosum: Small dome shaped in appearance with a central depression and are caused due to virus.

If you have a history of sexual contact with an unknown partner then they can be suggestive of warts or any other STD's.

If there are any other symptoms as pain, discharge, itching and it has been present since long kindly consider visiting a dermatologist so that appropriate treatment can be started after a direct examination.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Hve white spot on penis head, and changes in size. Used cream like ring gaurd. Suggest medicine? 4 hours later
i did not participate any sexual course so i conform that it is not std, its a white patch some times itching looks like psoriasis spot. its on my pennis head and on the inner side of skin. is it cures with medicine? if you suggest me that definitely consult a doctor, so please give me concern medical practitioner contact details in hyderabad area.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If there is no history of unsafe sex then it is likely to be due to a fungal infection. This can be treated with oral and topical antifungal agents. But before that a direct examination is necessary for confirmation of diagnosis. You can consult a dermatologist nearest to your place for prescriptions.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.