Hurts when pushing under belly button, had LAH. What is the cause?

Infertility Specialist
I had an lah 5 months ago. im all healed except when u push down right under my belly button it hurts. I asked my doctor about this and he said thats where your bladder is its not from the surgery i dont know if it continues follow up with your family doctor. I know its from the surgery. I didnt have it before. It only hurts when you push on it and the skin feel sensitive on top.what could be the cause of this
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) You are right that the pain is due to laparoscopy only. 2) Generally incision is made around umbilicus for putting a scope for camera. This cuts nerves and vessels at the site. 3) Even after wound healing there will be mild inflammation in inner layers of abdomen. Thats why you have pain. 4) The sensation difference is also due to injured nerves. 5) All of these take about a year to heal completely & come back to normalcy. Especially cut nerves.6) I advice you to have multivitamin tablets containing Vit. E. This helps fasten nerve regeneration. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol