Hurts between shoulder blade and spine while taking deep breathe. History of asthma. Suggest some cure

it hurts between my shoulder blade and my spine, on the right side, when i take a XXXXXXX breath. I have a history of asthma, my inhaler does nothing. the pain has consistently gotten worse throughput the day.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
Pain between shoulder blade and spine on right side; which gets aggravated with XXXXXXX breathing is likely to be pleuritic pain.

Pleuritis is inflammation of outer covering of lung.
History of chronic bronchitis also supports that, as it comprises as risk factor for same.

I would suggest you to seek medical help with physician to rule out pleuritis. Clinical examination alone can diagnose it. But X-ray is required to find if effusion is developed as a complication of pleuritis.
Antibiotics are necessary in this case.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.