Ask a Urologist   »  

Hurts and tingles when I urinate after having sex. Why does it happen?

May 2013
Why does it hurt and tingle when I pee after sex? It only happens when I have sex for a long period of time. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 5 years so we were each others first and neither of us have had sex with anyone else.
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 29 minutes later

during intercourse the pressure may fall on urethral opening also, which will be situated just above the vaginal opening, so due to prolonged pressure there can be mild abrasions near it, which can lead to pain and tingling sensation during and after micturition,
it will subside soon in case of mild abrasions, you can use lubricant and analgesic jelly like xylocaine which can help to some extent,
if problem persist once get examined for Take care.