Hurt ribs, swollen, tender, painful. Taking Ibuprofen. What is the treatment?

Spine Surgeon
Two days ago, I fell down outside & hit my ribs on my rightside mid back on the edge of a granite wall. The area is swollen & very tender. I cannot bend over or twist my body to the left. I have joint pain & have the chills. I am taking Ibuprofin. I have nausea. Althought I have great insurance I didn't go to the ER on Sunday thinking there is nothing they could do. I have no pain breathing.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It may be simple muscle injury however its important to rule out rib fracture. I would suggest to consult an orthopaedic doctor and get the xray of the chest.
Treatment always conservative with using a rib belt and anti inflammatory with muscle relaxant and local ice & gel application. Thanks.