Hurt in the bus, poked with some thing. No blood or cut. HIV infection? What can be done?

Dec 2014

I was on the bus and I went back into something dont know what it was there I believe it was a black thing by the door it poked me from behind i hope there was nothing else HIV? I did not see and opening on my cheek of my behind What should i do?

there no cut or blood to my knowledge
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The thing that poked was on bus door and it was open to air and sunlight so if we assume that it was infected even then chances of HIV are nil.

HIV spread occur by contaminated needles or medical items, unprotected sexual intercourse with infected person or from infected mother to child. The risk of spread is very low in your case because there are practically nil chances that object was infected, also you didn't get blood from injury.

So as per my opinion there is no risk in your case. Please provide me a little detail about the object, whether there was risk of contamination or not.