Hunger pangs, anxiety, acne, heart burn, peptic disease, gastritis, ulceration, prilosec

28/m, 5'8'', 155lbs history of social anxiety, acne and heart burn, acid reflux?. Taking Amoxicillin, Clonazepam, Effexor XR. I have constant hunger pains and sometimes upper left quadrant abdominal pain associated with cramping and lots of gas- what could this be?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

The symptoms you have are very typical for acid peptic disease, Probably gastritis complicated with gastric ulceration.The best test which could determine the same would be an Upper GI endoscopy.

The condition could have been aggravated by medications you are on specially Amoxicillin try to get rid of it sooner.

Meanwhile you can take antacids like tab PRILOSEC once a day early in the morning before food for a week .This will bring down the symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.