Huge smegma build up, appears to be greasy in some areas as well as flaky. Any medications?

Urologist
Question
Hello, I have an embarrassing problem of what I believe to be a large smegma build up. It is embarrassing to say, however, I am 19 now and I didn't really pull back my foreskin when cleaning.
For the past 2 or 3 years I have had a huge build of of what I believe to be smegma. However it's essentially become adhesive to the glands and under the foreskin.
It's a sort of white layer, kinda greasy. In some areas it is a little flaky where it is peeling off.
Unfortunately this doesn't wash of with water, it's like paint of a wall by splashing water at it... It's not really going to work.

As horrible as is it is, I cannot be the first so get it so I am really hoping there is a cream of some sort that will help it desolve away of some sort..
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 39 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
This needs to be cleaned manually.
You need to see a Health care specialist, preferably a doctor to clean the part with saline and antiseptic solution.
To prevent repeated episodes, you will need circumcision.
Hope this helps.
Best regards

Follow-up: Huge smegma build up, appears to be greasy in some areas as well as flaky. Any medications? 5 minutes later
But it doesn't wash off... As I mentioned it's like washing off paint with water...
I don't see how it would simply wash off.

If I'm honest I don't expect to pay £35 to be told to see a doctor.. That is what I am paying for now.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 minutes later
Just because you paid, I cannot give a answer that will not work out.
I see this often and i know what works out.
It is upto you to accept.
Wish you good Health.

Follow-up: Huge smegma build up, appears to be greasy in some areas as well as flaky. Any medications? 2 minutes later
Ok... That's a fair point... So saline will remove this actually stuck substance??
Can saline be used on its own? Is it a simple case or rubbing it in...?
I have contact lenses so I already have bottles of saline to wash them. Could I clean the glands myself?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 minutes later
You may try.
Best wishes.

Follow-up: Huge smegma build up, appears to be greasy in some areas as well as flaky. Any medications? 1 minute later
Isn't that what the doctor would do?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome back.
We try to clean wih saline and if does not work out, try cleaning with antiseptic solution.
If these do not work, circumcision is the only solution.
Best wishes.