Huge lump in the middle of spine. Having sharp pain in lung when breathe, cough or yawn. Have severe anxiety. Cure?

General Surgeon
I'm a exotic dancer, and I have just returned to work 2 weeks ago and I had taken a year off. This week I've noticed a huge lump in the middle of my spine just off to the right. When I breathe, cough or yawn I'm having sharp pain in my right lung! I need to know if its just pain from the lump or is something wrong with my lung as well. I'm a nervous wreck with severe anxiety and am fearful of a blood lot or PE!
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 54 minutes later
The lump near your spine has no relation to the lung.Get a Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of the lump.It could be fat swelling,lipoma.Once the diagnosis is confirmed,you can get the swelling excised.
If you are having pain when you cough or breath,you should be investigated.You should take X XXXXXXX chest AP & PA views initially.If there is any suspicious disease,then CT Scan of chest has to be taken.As you are dancer,the pain could be of musculoskeletal in nature.There should be cough or sputum with blood to say it as lung disease.
Nothing to worry.
Please take skeletal muscle relaxant tablet.
If you come back with above test results,i will clarify further
Wish you good health
Follow-up: Huge lump in the middle of spine. Having sharp pain in lung when breathe, cough or yawn. Have severe anxiety. Cure? 3 hours later
Okay, so I broke down and went to the ER. The verdict is that I'm having muscle spasms that are visible. I asked if blood clot was possible, so they ran a DDimer and the results were neg. Sent home with a muscle relaxer and some pain meds.

Thanks for the help!
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 26 hours later
If the swelling is still visible or palpable after medicines,please get an FNAC.
Please let me know the progress.