How will a high prolactin level affect my health? Is it risky for pregnancy?

my prolactin level is high!!! its 54.49 how will it effect my health..and is it risky for pregnancy ...
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

A high prolactin level is definitely a concern. It does influence menstruation and fertility.

As the levels of measurement vary among different location and different laboratories, it would be better if you could mention the reference range along with the units of measurement mentioned in your report as well as specify the reasons why the test was performed.

I would be able to comment more about it upon receiving response from your end.

Awaiting your reply