How to use mifegest kit for abortion?

What do I take first in the mifegest kit and how to continue? ?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later

Abortion drugs like mifegest kit contains one Mifepristone and four Misoprostol drugs - a total of 5 pills (one of Mifepristone and other four of Misoprostol). Usually one tablet of mifepristone is taken followed by 4 misoprostol after 48 hours. This kit should be used if your pregnancy is less than 63 days. Therefore ultrasound scan is usually performed before the procedure. Has the scan been done in your case?

Since abortion drugs can cause heavy bleeding which can be XXXXXXX it is always best to take this kit after estimation of duration of pregnancy - estimated by careful clinical examination and ultrasound scan. Your gynecologist will know about it.

Upon taking the second medication misoprostol tablet, cramping and bleeding may begin as soon as 20 minutes. Within the next 6 to 8 hours, most women will miscarry. Cramping may come in waves with increasing and decreasing intensity. You can expect bleeding heavier than a menstrual period with large clots.

When used in combination, mifepristone and misoprostol are 95-97% effective within two weeks.
A follow-up exam is scheduled for two weeks later to make sure the process is complete. If you have not yet aborted, then an aspiration abortion is done. A very small percentage (5%) of women does not pass the pregnancy tissue and need a suction procedure to complete the process.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Good luck
Follow-up: How to use mifegest kit for abortion? 11 hours later
What should the pills look like
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

It is very difficult on my part to tell you how the kit looks like in your country.
Different companies make this product with different name, color and size of the tablet.
You will have to consult your pharmacist or your doctor for the assistance in this regard.

Follow-up: How to use mifegest kit for abortion? 1 hour later
Does aloe vera juice cause u to have a miscarriage if so how long would it take for it to happen
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 hours later

Use of ALOE VERA juice can cause uterine contractions and has been linked with miscarriages. It is advised that a pregnant lady must avoid consuming ALOE VERA juice.

However there are no robust study reports to suggest that it will induce abortion. So if you want to go for abortion, you must use medicines under the guidance of gynecologist for effective and risk free results.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.