How to use Mifegest kit to terminate pregnancy?

Mar 2016

my wife is 4 week pregnant and test is +ve . plz tell me how to use mifegest kit
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: CONSULT WITH GYNECOLOGIST FOR SAFE TERMINATION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. At this stage, MEDICAL ABORTION can be done for safe termination of 4 weeks pregnancy with ABORTION PILL (like Mifegest kit). However, self administration of abortion pill is NOT recommended. You shouldn't go for that. Here, you need one ultrasound scan to determine the nature of conception (uterine or tubal pregnancy) before proceeding the medical abortion. The abortion procedure is associated with several risks and complications like nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp, excessive vaginal bleeding, fainting etc. You can't control them by yourself at home. Therefore, I suggest to consult with local GYNECOLOGIST or healthcare provider for safe termination. Abortion kit contains two types of pills. One pill is to be taken orally at the first appointment and another pill is to be inserted into vagina (or buccal ) after 48 hrs of first pill. This process can be done at home if you consult once with LOCAL DOCTOR as you have to go for follow up examination after 2 weeks to confirm that abortion process is completed. One pelvic ultrasound scan is required to check retained bits if any. Around 5% women needs D & C or suction (surgical method) to evacuate the uterine cavity. To summarize, you must visit to local GYNECOLOGIST for medical abortion with proper advice on follow up visits and in emergency. Hope, it will be helpful for your information. Kindly, close the discussion, if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through