How to undergo thyroid function test without levothyroxine in my body while on regular medication?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
I would like to know how long it takes levothyroxine to completely leave my system. I want to take a thyroid function test without this medication in my system. I understand that it is not required or even advised, but I ran out of pills on December 16. My doctor wants a test. I want to see how the test is without the medication. I have read 4 weeks, 6 weeks, a half life of one week, and one doctor here said 2-3 days which does not comport with what I had heard, so looking for another opinion. I understand you shoudn't stop the medication, but that ship sailed!!
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that Levothyroxine has a half life of 1 week , although different brands will have different times for getting out of system but after 2 weeks most of the drug is out of your body . Since you are not taking the tablet since December 16 , you can easily undergo the test . Take care. Dr. Shruti