How to treat trochanteric bursitis . Ihave been doing laser

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
How to treat trochanteric bursitis. Ihave been doing laser and ultrasound therapy for eight times and 70% of the pain is gone. Now i get thigh pain walking
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral anti inflammatory medicines will help.

Detailed Answer:
The mild inflammation that is left can be treated with oral anti inflammatory medicines. Continue with laser and ultrasound therapy. Oral muscle relaxants can also help. In case the pain persists you can get local steroid injections after consulting your orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: How to treat trochanteric bursitis . Ihave been doing laser 6 hours later
May i start playing tennis for 15 minutes and increase gradually or should i wait for a while

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Wait for 2-3 wks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.