How to treat snoring problem while sleeping?

hi I have snoring problem while sleeping. I snore very lound that my spouse is not able to sleep beside me..... kindly help
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult an ENT surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. You may have to consult a ENT surgeon as the only remedy for such problem is by surgery. Also if you are overweight, reducing your weight wold help to prevent snoring. Regards,
Follow-up: How to treat snoring problem while sleeping? 2 hours later
can you please tell the reason for the snoring
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 hours later
Brief Answer: narrowing of air passage Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Snoring occurs due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping uvula and soft palate go into vibrations and produce the sound. The causes of obstructed air movement could be: Throat weakness, causing the throat to close during sleep. Mispositioned jaw, often caused by tension in the muscles. Fat in and around the throat. Obstructive sleep apnea. The tissues at the top of airways touching each other, causing vibrations. Alcohol or drugs relaxing throat muscles. Neurological conditions etc. Hope, I answered your query. Regards,