How to treat problem of knee pain?

Hi, My wife facing the problem of knee pain and it is more during the night, after the days work. Please advice.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: adequate rest, calcium and pain killers Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about your wife's health concern. The knee pain is perhaps related to excess work and straining on the legs as it becomes more in the night. Please ask your wife to take frequent breaks from her work. She should not stand for long time continuously as well. Adequate rest is important. When the pain is severe, she can take simple analgesics like Brufen or Voveran. It is also important to maintain the calcium levels in normal state. I suggest her to get her serum calcium and vitamin D levels checked. She should take a glass of milk daily. I wish her quick recovery. Regards,