How to treat problem of continuous vomiting an diarrhea?

Hello my wife has been vomiting for the past 6 hours, during the past 2-3 the vomiting has been every 5-15 minutes or so. She also has diarrhea and a low temp (approx 96.5). My 11 month or son is just getting over a stomach bug which caused him to vomit for a few days, but not as frequently.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: she needs water and electrolyte supplementation Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about your wife's current health status. It seems like she is losing more of water and electrolytes due to vomiting and diarrhea. At this stage, it is very important to maintain the water and electrolyte balance in her body. I suggest you to give her more of electrolyte water, fresh fruit juices orally now. Her temperature is low. It would be better if you can take her to the hospital, so that she can take a shot of Ondansetron injection to stop the vomiting immediately. A stool routine is advised to check for any gut infection, and start antibiotics if required. She could also get a couple of IV fluids, if required. Hope this helps your wife to get better soon. Regards,